AAA Orthodontics Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
At AAA Orthodontics, we take the health of our patients and staff as our top priority. The developing situation around the coronavirus disease is that it’s spreading throughout our community and poses a major health risk, and therefore we must enact measures to maintain the safety of all of us.
To prevent the spread of infection, at AAA Orthodontics we are:
- Using personal protective equipment (PPE) for all procedures, including surgical masks, eye protection and gloves;
- Increasing infection control procedures;
- Increasing cleaning procedures, including the increased use of antibacterial hand sanitiser for both staff and patients and antibacterial wipes on all surfaces;
- And reminding all staff and patients about the new hygiene protocols and policies;
- Screening all patients with questions prior to appointment.
We are also requesting that all patients and staff that are deemed high-risk to the coronavirus disease, to not come into the clinic and follow the government’s health advice.
We ask that you please reschedule your appointment if any of the following applies to you:
- Have had recent contact with another person with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Have returned from overseas in the past 14 days.
- Have any flu-like symptoms, including a cough, fever, shortness of breath or sore throat.
If any of these applied to you, then you must be in isolation at home for 14 days.
At AAA Orthodontics we understand that orthodontic treatment is important and we will continue to provide the best care we possibly can, while abiding by all health protocols.
In the event that all non-essential treatment must cease, emergency orthodontic treatment will only continue to be offered, as emergencies must be dealt with.
However during this time, it is important to refrain from undertaking any activities or eating foods that can easily cause damage to your orthodontics to reduce the amount of appointments.
Our orthodontic services via Skype and Zoom Video Conferencing:
If our clinic has to close due to health and safety of patients and staff, then our team will continue to provide patients with orthodontic consultations through the means of online video services. Our orthodontic team will use Skype calls and Zoom conferencing to provide online consultations to patients.
These online calls will allow our team to prepare future orthodontic appointments and required treatment for you.